READ YOUR BIBLE
Start With Just 10 Minutes a Day
You can spare that, right? Reading the Bible for just 10 minutes a day can change the rest of your days. It will bring you hope, encouragement, guidance, and practical advice on the every day issues you’re facing. The Bible is relevant to everyone, everywhere, at any time.
All Scripture is God-breathed…
2 Timothy 3:16–All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.
You can’t have a close relationship with someone you never talk to. It’s impossible. God’s word—the Bible—is the primary way He speaks to us. And it’s the absolute best way to discover how to follow Jesus on a daily basis. If you want to know more about God and His promises, reading the Bible is your next step.
Where Do I Start?
The Bible can seem pretty intimidating if you’ve never read it—lots of “thee’s” and “thou’s.” We want to make it easy for you to get started and build a habit of spending time with God by reading His word every day with these suggestions:
We recommend a few reading plans if you are newer to the Bible:
- Read the Gospel of Mark, 1 chapter a day for 16 days. In roughly 2 weeks time you will have a good overview of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus.
- Read the 100 essential Bible passages we recommend. Click here to download.
- Simply read through the New Testament one book/letter at a time, making notes and writing down questions as you go.
We suggest starting with one of the following translations that are easier to understand:
- English Standard Version (ESV) - We use this on Sunday mornings
- New International Version (NIV)
- New Living Translation (NLT)